Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Trail Mix - 8.7.19


August 7, 2019 “Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to be consistent in anything now days? I want to be in my daily devotions but more often than not there is some kind of distraction. I want to in my witness for Christ but the business of life with all its stresses breaks in on my good intentions. Remember that we shall reap if we “faint” not! There is a payoff for being consistent. Reliability and dependability and close relatives to consistency! Our goal should be to be like the One who has demonstrated His consistency in all His ways!” S. E. Trail

My prayer today is, God give me the grace to be consistent in the things that matter most.  

1 Corinthians 15:58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. KJV

“A priest, a minister and a guru sat discussing the best positions for prayer, while a telephone repairman worked nearby "Kneeling is definitely the best way to pray," the priest said "No," said the minister. "I get the best results standing with my hands outstretched to Heaven." "You're both wrong," the guru said. "The most effective prayer position is lying down on the floor." The repairman could contain himself no longer. "Hey, fellas," he interrupted. "The best prayin' I ever did was when I was hangin' upside down from a telephone pole."

 

2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Jeremiah 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment