Monday, August 12, 2019

Trail Mix - 8.12.19


August 12, 2019 “Each new day, God presents us with both opportunities and obstacles. Our response to each one will determine our fruitfulness and faithfulness. We can use our opportunities for HIS glory and our obstacles for personal growth or we can waste the former and worry about the latter. What will you do today with your opportunities and your obstacles? There is a song that says: “Trusting Jesus every day, trusting in the stormy way, even when my faith is small, trusting Jesus that is all!” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today if for a determination to press towards the “mark” of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus!  

Acts 23:11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

“A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more. Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival. Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard -- I'll let you go." The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back. "Have a good day, Sir," replied the trooper.”

2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Jeremiah 16-18 

No comments:

Post a Comment