Friday, August 16, 2019

Trail Mix - 8.16.19


August 16, 2019 “One of the many things that stand out in the life of Christ is the generosity of His nature. The woman of Samaria with 5 husbands received a gentle rebuke; the adulterous woman heard Him say, "...neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more," and Peter, who denied Jesus, was gently and tenderly led back into fellowship. My prayer today is, Lord help me to have a generous, gentle spirit, help me to be like You! When I speak the truth, let me speak it in love!” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is for a balance between a desire for holiness and a heart for all the brokenness in our world.

1 John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. KJV

“A woman walks into a convenience store. She walks straight to the manager and asks, "Do you have any small notebooks?" "Sorry," says the manager. "We're all out." The woman shrugs, and asks, "Well, do you have any mechanical pencils?" "Nope, don't have that either," says the manager. The woman feels her stomach rumbling and asks, "Do you have chips? Nachos?" The manager shrugs, "Sorry." "Hmmph. How about lip balm?" says the woman. "Nope. Don't have that." "My Goodness!" the woman shouts, "If you don't have anything, you should close the stinking store!" The manager shrugs, "I would, but I don't have the key."

 
2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Jeremiah 28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment