Thursday, August 15, 2019

Trail Mix - 8.15.19


August 15, 2019 “What can you do when your heart is so heavy that it seems as if you can feel it breaking? It's then that I am reminded that "He walks with me, and talks with me, and tells me I am His own..." There are times when the only way we can bear life's burdens is the assurance that when no one else is there, HE IS! I am not alone and never will be. I may feel lonely, but I’m never alone. Oh, what a Savior! Hallelujah to the Lamb!” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is for you to realize that though you may feel lonely, because of the omnipresent One you are never alone!

Isaiah 43:2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. KJV

“I read this week about some American soldiers who during the Korean War had rented a house and hired a Korean man to cook for them. This guy had an unbelievably great spirit about him. The Americans loved teasing him. They nailed his shoes to the floor. They put grease on the stove handles. They balanced buckets of water over the door. The Korean, brushed it off, and kept working with a smile, holding no grudges. Finally, the Americans were just ashamed of themselves and wanted him to know that they were going to stop all the practical jokes. The Korean asked, “You mean no more nail shoes to floor?” “No more.” “You mean no more sticky on stove knobs?” “No more.” “You mean no more water buckets on door?” “No more.” “Okay then, me no more spit in soup,” the Korean responded with a smile and shrug.”  

 2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Jeremiah 26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment