Friday, August 23, 2019

Trail Mix - 8.23.19


August 23, 2019 “The hymn writer put it best when he wrote, "What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see, when I look upon His face, the one who saved me by His grace..." There is a day coming in the not too distant future when we will no longer "...see through a glass darkly; but then face to face..." Christ is coming with retribution for the sinner and reward for the saints. One day in the not too distant future Christ will split the Eastern sky and come riding on the clouds. God help us to be ready, “ready to meet Him by and by!” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is for a fresh realization of His return!

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, KJV

“A big, burly man visited the pastor's home and asked to see the minister's wife, a woman well known for her charitable impulses. "Madam," he said in a broken voice, "I wish to draw your attention to the terrible plight of a poor family in this district. The father is dead, the mother is too ill to work, and the nine children are starving. They are about to be turned into the cold, empty streets unless someone pays their rent, which amounts to $400." "How terrible!" exclaimed the preacher's wife? "May I ask who you are?" The sympathetic visitor applied his handkerchief to his eyes. "I'm the landlord," he sobbed.”
2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Jeremiah 45-48

No comments:

Post a Comment