Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Trail Mix - 7.16.19


July 16, 2019 – “It is a weakness in our nature to want to have a “Mt. Carmel” experience all the time. There aren’t many of those in our lives but there are many “Mt. Horeb” experiences where God speaks in “a still small voice.” God can and does work in any way that He chooses but more often than not it is in our daily growth in the knowledge of Jesus that God speaks. The key for us is to be listening for His voice no matter how He chooses to communicate with us.” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you on this day is for you to hear and heed the voice of God no matter how He chooses to speak!

1 Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. KJV

 

“A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read: "I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment. Forgive us our trespasses." When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note "I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket I'll lose my job. Lead us not into temptation."

2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Job 34-37

No comments:

Post a Comment