Thursday, July 11, 2019

Trail Mix - 7.11.19


July 11, 2019 – “Do you feel sorry for yourself when things go badly? If ever a man could have had a pity party it would have been Paul, who prayed three times for relief from the "thorns" but found none. Instead he gloried in his "infirmities" and we know why! In his own words he declares, "…that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Enough said! Christian friend, what would you give to know that the power of Christ rested upon you? What would you sacrifice to have the supernatural “it” factor in your life and ministry?” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is that you will look past the infirmities of life to the infinite One!

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. KJV

                                                  
“Two elderly spinsters, Rhoda and Jean, were curious about the latest arrival in their apartment block. He was a quiet, distinguished gentleman who seemed to believe in keeping himself to himself. One day Rhoda said: "Jean, you know how shy I am and you're so much more confident in these matters. Why don't you ambush him at the pool and find out a little more about him? He looks so lonely." So Jean went over to talk to the man as he sat by the pool. "My friend and I were wondering why you look so lonely," she said. "Of course I'm lonely," he snapped. "I've spent the last 30 years in prison." "Oh, why?" "I strangled my third wife" he replied. "Oh. What happened to your second wife?" "We had a fight and she fell off a high building." My goodness! What happened to your first wife? “She died when the brakes failed on our car.” "Oh, my!" Then Jean turned to her friend on the other side of the pool and called out: "Yahoo, Rhoda! It's OK. He's single!"
2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Job 6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment