Monday, July 15, 2019

Trail Mix - 7.15.19


July 15, 2019Vance Havner said, “Jesus discouraged publicity, left the crowd for the solitudes and never played up to the multitudes.” Doesn’t sound much like modern church work does it? Those early believers followed the great “Fisher of Men,” and went out doing the same. The work of the early church was characterized by humility and grace. If each one of us would serve Christ with a humble and submissive spirit we could reach a lost world and the growth of the kingdom would be phenomenal! S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is for a heart filled with a desire to fulfill the great commission!

Proverbs 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. KJV

“A Jewish father was concerned about his son. He had not truly raised him to be grounded in the faith of Judaism… So, hoping to remedy this he sent his son to Israel so the boy could experience his heritage. A year later the young man returned home. He said, "Father, thank you for sending me to the land of our Fathers. It was wonderful and enlightening. However, I must confess that while in Israel I converted to Christianity." "Oh (groan) what have I done?" the father thought. So in the tradition of the patriarchs he went to his best friend and sought his advice and solace. "It is amazing that you should come to me," stated his friend, "I too sent my son to Israel and he returned a Christian." So in the traditions of the Patriarchs they went to the Rabbi. "It is amazing that you should come to me," stated the Rabbi, "I too sent my son to Israel and he returned a Christian. What is happening to our sons? “Brothers, we must take this to the Lord," said the Rabbi. They fell to their knees and began to wail and pour out their hearts to the Almighty. As they prayed, the clouds above opened and a mighty voice stated, "Amazing that you should come to Me. I, too, sent My Son to Israel..."
            2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Job 29-33

No comments:

Post a Comment