Saturday, March 3, 2018

Trail Mix - 3.3.18


3.3.18 – “When the saints read that “God is our refuge and strength,” they may have thought of the cities of refuge with their suburbs that provided protection for those who had slain a man without malice or forethought. All one had to do to find a safe haven was to make it to the outskirts of the city. Christ is our “refuge and strength” and if we come to Him we will find a safe and secure resting place. If you put your trust in Him He will never fail you.” S. E. Trail
My prayer for you today is for you to find a “shelter in the time of storm” in our Jesus!

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. KJV
“The elderly pastor was searching his closet for his collar before church one Sunday morning. In the back of the closet, he found a small box containing 3 eggs and 100 $1 bills. He called his wife into the closet to ask her about the box and its contents. Embarrassed, she admitted having hidden the box there for their entire 30 years of marriage. Disappointed and hurt, the pastor asked her, “WHY?” The wife replied that she hadn’t wanted to hurt his feelings. He asked her how the box could have hurt his feelings. She said that every time during their marriage that he had delivered a poor sermon, she had placed an egg in the box. The pastor felt that 3 poor sermons in 30 years was certainly nothing to feel bad about, so he asked her what the $100 was for. She replied, “Each time I got a dozen eggs, I sold them to the neighbors’ for $1.” ChristiansUnite.com

Bible Reading Schedule for today – Deut. 11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment