Thursday, March 1, 2018

Trail Mix - 3.1.18


3.1.18 – “When Jesus returns the Bible declares that there will be a “shout!” This will be a shout of victory for the redeemed for sin, death and hell will have been vanquished. The triumphant Lamb of God will drag a beaten and bound Devil and blast him into the Lake of Fire, never to beset God’s children again. It will be a shout for joy as we finally reach home and are reunited with family, friends and all who are in the faith and know Christ as their Savior.” Gleanings from Vance Havner
My prayer for you today is for you to be able to rejoice in the return of Jesus!

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. KJV

 My Favorite Animal

“Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed. My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA. He said they love animals very much. I do, too, especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again. The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken. She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am. Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most. I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where I am now...”
Bible Reading Schedule for today – Deut. 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment