Thursday, May 17, 2018

Trail Mix - 5.17.18


5.17.18 – “When our insufficiency meets God’s sufficiency wonderful things can happen! Knowing our inadequacy is the beginning of real fruitfulness because only when we come to that point can God use us. Vance Havner said, “Moses started with “Who am I?” but soon asked God, “Who are you?” The answer changed Moses life! God said, “I am that I am!”And Moses was never the same again. Isaiah saw the “Lord, high and lifted up,” and was a changed man. We need less religious activity and more seeking and seeing the “face” of God. Once we truly seek and see His face then all else will pale in comparison.” S. E. Trail with gleanings from Vance Havner
My prayer for you today is that your realization of God would grow and give you a greater sense of His presence.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. KJV
“There was this man that had a dog. He came home one day, and his dog was belly up with its legs sticking in the air. He wasn't sure if it was dead or not, so he took it to the vet. He told the vet of his problem, and the vet said that there was a sure-fire way to see if the dog is indeed dead. He left the room and returned with a cat. He rubbed the cat in the dogs face, and after a while came to the conclusion that the dog was indeed dead. The man was upset and asked the doctor how much he owed him. The doctor said, "$550" The man was stunned. He asked the doctor to explain and the doctor said, "Fifty for the visit, and 500 for the cat-scan..."

Bible Reading Schedule for today - 1 Chron. 27-29

No comments:

Post a Comment