Friday, February 9, 2018

Trail Mix - 2.9.18


2.9.18 – Too many “disciples” are out for what they can get instead of what they can give. Many often expect service but never think of giving it! Folks will never have a deeper experience with Jesus until “Getters” become “Givers!” A visiting couple asked what the church had to offer for their children as though they were ordering off of a menu in a restaurant. Jesus said, “…take up your cross, deny yourself and follow me.” I wonder if Jesus would be welcome in churches today that seek to make everyone, including sinners, comfortable, with His message of selflessness and sacrifice? Gleanings from Vance Havner
My prayer for you today is that you would be a contributor not a consumer!

Luke 12:48For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required…
A young doctor had just opened office and felt really excited. His secretary told him a man was here to see him. The young doctor told her to send him in. Pretending to be a busy doctor, he picked up the phone just as the man came in. "Yes, that's right. The fee is $200. Yes, I'll expect you ten past two. Alright. No later, I'm a very busy man." He hung up and turned to the man waiting. "May I help you?" "No," said the man, "I just came in to install the phone." ChristiansUnite.com

            Bible Reading Schedule for today – Leviticus 22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment