Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Trail Mix - 9.4.19


September 4, 2019Vance Havner said, “God’s system of promotion does not follow the pattern of this age.” Often, His choicest servants remain unknown without any public recognition, but it really comes down to this. What type of promotion do we seek? We’ve all seen the self-promoters in and out of the church and it always creates a negative impression. If we allow God to lift us up it will spare us so much unnecessary stress and fretfulness. Remember, in God’s economy of things, “The first shall be last and the last shall be first!” The way up is down and the way to truly live is to die to self. S. E. Trail

My prayer is for a heart that is humble, that helps (spiritual gift) and does not hinder or harm the cause of Christ!

3 John 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. KJV

“There were 3 men who died and before God would let them into heaven, he gave them a chance to come back as anything they wanted. The first guy said " I want to come back as myself, but 100 times smarter. So God made him 100 times smarter. The second guy said "I want to be better than that guy, make me 1000 times smarter. So God made him 1000 times smarter. The last guy decided he would be the best. So he said "God, make me better than both of them, make me 1,000,000 times smarter. So God made him a woman!”
2019 Bible Reading Schedule for today - Ezekiel 24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment