Thursday, September 19, 2019

Trail Mix - 9.19.19

September 19, 2019 –Several years ago I was at a cemetery and happened to look over at a young woman who was lying on top of a grave and weeping inconsolably. I went over to see if I could help and she told of the passing of her young husband. It reminded me of what Paul wrote that we should, "...sorrow not as those which have no hope." He did not say that we should not sorrow but for the redeemed he is saying death is not hopeless. The grave is not the end. Death does not have the last word! The one who conquered death tells us that "He is alive forevermore!" Pause by the grave and weep my friend but one day your tears of sorrow will be turned into tears of joy. That will be a glad reunion day.   God never intended for the grave to be our last stop. Because of Jesus, death does not have the last word!” S. E. Trail

My prayer for you today is for you to know the “…peace that passeth understanding…” even when you are in the “…valley of the shadow.” 

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: KJV
Little Johnny's class were on an outing to their local police station where they saw pictures, of the ten most wanted men, tacked to a bulletin board. On the way out of the police station Little Johnny said to the officer, "it was so nice of you to put my daddy's picture up there."

Bible Reading Schedule for today - Daniel 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment