Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Trail Mix - 2.19.19


February 19, 2019 – Gleanings from Vance Havner - “The Dead Sea has an inlet but no outlet and therefore is a “dead sea.” It’s so salty that when you swim in it you bob like a cork. Many people are just like the Dead Sea, they are always getting but they do not give. A life spent for self is a life wasted. A life that never gives is small and with little redeeming value. The Scripture says, “...freely ye have received, freely give,” and “Give and it shall be given unto to you…” We are blessed to be a blessing.” S. E. Trail
My prayer for you today is for you to be a “contributor” and not just a “consumer!”
Weekly Memory Verse Challenge - John 14:27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” KJV
“I knew that Alabama fans were a little over the top but this fellow takes the cake. A BAMA fan named Fred had tickets to the BCS Championship game featuring Alabama and LSU at the 50 yard line. As Fred sat down, a man came and asked him if anyone was going to occupy the seat next to him. “No,” said Fred, “sit right down. The seat will be empty.” “That’s incredible!” said the man. “Who in their right mind would reserve a seat like this for the BCS championship and then not use it?” Fred said, “Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. “Oh... I’m sorry to hear that. That’s terrible. But couldn’t you find someone else – a friend or relative, or even a neighbor – to take her seat?” Fred shook his head sadly. “No. They’re all at the funeral.” Edited from ChristiansUnite.com
2019 Bible Reading Schedule – Numbers 16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment