Sunday, April 15, 2018

Trail Mix - 4.15.18


4.15.18 – “The Scripture says that “God loves a cheerful giver.” The word cheerful can be translated “hilarious,” and it is this manner of giving that God approves of. It’s amazing the attitudes folks have. Some have “control” issues, that is, they want to govern their gift even after they give it. Others stop or re-direct their giving if they are displeased with what the church does. Remember, God loves “hilarious” giving! You and I cannot out give God! The more that we give, the more He give back to us. Someone said, “Give till it hurts,” but we need to give until we can give joyfully!” S. E. Trail
My prayer for you is for you to give, not till it hurts but “till it stops hurting,” and then you will know the joy of giving!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. KJV

“A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. The Pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!" My friend replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor." Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?" He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."  

Bible Reading Schedule for today – 2 Samuel 20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment